Copying and pasting every email that you receive or send outside of Rex can be time consuming and difficult - so much so that it frequently doesn't get done and as a result causes you to lose valuable pieces of the puzzle that make up your relationship with your client.
The Email Dropbox function provides you with a special email address which you can BCC (when sending emails) or forward received emails to.
When your send your email to this address, Rex will automatically capture the message recipients and create an email entry in the system. If the emails can be mapped to existing Contacts, it will also immediately attach the received email to those Contacts and voila.
Because this is just an email address, you can use this function regardless of which email client or service you use.
Each user has a personal Email Dropbox address. To retrieve your address;
- In the top right-hand corner of Rex, click on the icon that shows your initials (eg "RT")
- Select My Settings
- Select Email Dropbox from the left hand menu
Once you've obtained your personal Email Dropbox address;
- For emails you're sending to clients: simply include the address in the BCC field of your emails any time you send an email that you'd like to be filed.
- For emails you receive from clients: simply forward the email to your Dropbox address any time you'd like the email to be filed.
If you have any trouble with the above, please see the trouble shooting section below.
- Email being rejected: If your email is being rejected with an "unauthorised" message. See the section regarding "Trusted Emails".
- Email not being filed: If there are active Contacts in the system with the email address of a recipient but the message is not being filed, please check your Auto File Settings.
- Attachments not coming across: Attachments are currently not supported.