With the Xero integration we can import payment deductions for the agent and add them to their agent ledger. You can only do this after setting up the Xero integration, so if you haven't done this already, see - Agent Ledgers and Xero Integration: Setting up Xero Integration.
Once you go to Admin > Financials > Agent Ledgers > Import Deductions, you'll see that you have an Add New Import (which we'll cover below) and table at the bottom. Once you start to add in imports, you'll see them appear in the table.
You can also hover the imports in the list and click the dropdown button for more info - in there, you'll find:
- View - this will open a detailed summary of what has been imported - see Step 4 - View Deductions for more info
- Reverse - this reverses the import, so reverses any transactions that have been added to the agent ledgers. You can't reverse once you've finalised a pay run.
- Go To Related - this will give you the option to jump to some different related record types:
- Agent ledger transactions
- Agent ledgers
- Account users
Once you've setup the Xero integration, go to Admin > Financials > Agent Ledgers > Import Deductions.
- Click on New Import at the top
- If you haven't authorised in the last 30 minutes, see - Agent Ledgers and Xero Integration: Authorising Xero Integration
- This will take you through to Step 1 - Selecting Pay slips.
Step 1 - Select Pay slips
Before we continue with choosing the pay slips to import from, we'll take a quick look at navigation.
The navigation along the top works in the same way as most locations in Rex, starting:
- Cancel button - this will quit the import process
- Step buttons - numbered 1 through to 4, this will let us jump to the listed step
- Back/Forward arrows - these let us either go forward or back a step
Selecting Pay slips to import Deductions from
In the table at the bottom, we will be given a list of pay slips in Xero.
- Paid From/Paid To - enter the dates you wish to search between.
- Show imported pay slips - you can import ones you've already done if you need to. Just check the box - make sure that you have reversed the transactions before doing this or it will double up on the agent ledger.
- Show pay slips created by Rex - these are pay slips that were created by exporting from commission pay run
Once you can see the pay slips you want to use, check the box next to them, then move onto the next step by clicking the Step 2 - Edit Deductions or the Forward arrow in the top right-hand corner.
Step 2 - Edit Deductions
Step 2 gives us a breakdown of the line items you can import from Xero. The items you have here are defined in the setup, so if you need to add more, you'll need to add these in the Xero setup. For more info, see - Agent Ledgers and Xero Integration: Setting up Xero Integration
To edit the deductions, you first need to select the agent in the left-hand and pane. Once you've done that, it will bring up the items from their pay slips in Xero in the right-hand pane. From here you can:
- If there are items you want to exclude/include, just check/uncheck the box next to line item.
- In the Import Amount field, you can make any adjustments to the amount you're importing for the agent.
- If the agent has any associated users, their pay slips will also appear in here - you'll have the same options for these.
Once you've made sure all the amounts are correct, move onto the next step by clicking the Step 3 - Apply to Agent Ledgers or the Forward arrow in the top right-hand corner.
Step 3 - Apply to Agent Ledgers
Step 3 is just a summary of what will be imported to the different agent ledgers. At the bottom you can add a note if you like.
Once you're done:
- Click on the Import button
- Make sure the amount is correct
- Click Confirm
Doing this will take you through to Step 4 - View Deductions.
Step 4 - View Deductions
The final step will show you the same summary as Step 3, but it is now finalised so can't be updated. Once you've finished, click Close.