Admin users are able to add Email Signatures:
- Go to Settings > Users & Security
- Select the User
- Click on the Email Footer tab
This reveals the HTML editor. This is where you can add your Email Signature.
Adding Images to Email Signatures
To add an image to your email signature you'll need to store the image online somewhere - if you don't have anywhere to store them, you can use Rex. Check out the following for more info: Storing Images in Rex for use in Templates and Signatures
- You'll need to get the share link from the document - this is found from the drop down on the document
- Head back to the Users profile > email Footer and click the Image button (it's located just below the Bold and Italic buttons)
- In the URL field, paste the link to your image
- Add any additional info:
- Alternative Text - use this field to enter a description for the image. This is optional and is used when your image can't be displayed and/or for screen readers used by visually impaired computer users.
- Height & Width (measured in pixels) - while you have the option to enter this info, some versions of Outlook will not read any info you enter here, so this is why we recommend resizing your images before uploading to the actual size you want them to appear.
- Border (measured in pixels) - this will add a black border around your image.
- HSpace & Vspace (measured in pixels) - these values add Horizontal and Vertical spacing around your image
- Alignment - use this dropdown to choose how you would like the image to appear on the page: To the left or right.
- Add a link to a webpage (optional) - if you want the image to be a link, say the contact clicks on the image and is taken to your website, you'll need to:
- Click the Link tab
- Paste in the link to the page you want the contact to be redirected to
- Once you've finished click OK
If you're wanting a little more structure, you could look at using tables to hold it all together. For more info, see: Working with Tables
Using a Predesigned HTML signature
Because the email signature builder uses HTML, if you have an HTML signature that someone has already created for you, you can add that by following these steps:
- Open the HTML file - this will likely open in a web browser like it's a web page
- View the page source - you can do this by:
- If you're using Google Chrome - In the menu, click View > Developer > View Source
- If you're using Firefox - In the Menu, click Tools > Web Developer > Page Source
- Click Edit > Select All
- Click Edit > Copy
- Go back into Rex
- Go to Admin > Users & Security > (Username) > Email Footer
- Click the Source button:
- Click your cursor in the text box
- Click Edit > Paste
- Click Save Changes