Rex includes a Brochure Builder, so you can make your own marketing materials straight out of the system. We're going to have a look at some of the basics; where to find your templates, how to create new templates and how to use the different tools in the brochure builder.
- From the left side menu, go to Settings > Tracks, Merges & Brochures
- Click 'Brochures' in the left-hand panel - If you are a new agency to Rex you will notice you have a list of Rex default templates. Defaults cannot be modified but they can be duplicated which will then let you modify your duplicated template. If you've already created some of your own brochure templates these will also be listed here.
- Click the '+' symbol
- Enter a name for your brochure in the text box
- Decide what size you want your brochure to be
- Choose your brochure orientation
- Choose which Listing types the brochure will be used for
- Choose the number of pages you want added to your brochure
- If you'd like to add printer margins, click Advanced Settings and enter your margins
- Click Add
- You'll be asked to add a sample Listing – you don’t have to use one, but it does make it a lot easier to see what your end product is going to look like
At the top of the page, you’ve got a few options like document settings, the number of pages in your template, a preview button and a 'save brochure' button. You also have the option to change the sample Listing, select different elements within the template, and see new options appear.
In the far right, we have the inspection panel where we can move objects back and forward, and also provide manual positioning.
On the left-hand side we have the toolbar, where we can add elements into the template:
- Selection tool - you’ll use to select different objects within the template
- The logo tool – which will bring in your logo that is uploaded into Rex
- Key attributes – this will be key features that are listed on a Listing e.g. bedrooms, bathrooms etc
- Text pre-sets – used to bring in text content or ad content etc
- Listing images – images that come from the Listing
- Text tool – this is a freeform text tool. This is text that would not be pulled in from a Listing
- Upload image – this is used to upload an image into your brochure template that wouldn’t come from a Listing
- The rectangle and line tool – used to create shapes
- QR Code – this is used to create a QR code that the viewer can scan, which will take them through to an e-brochure
- HTML Block – this is used to create HTML code in your brochure
Once you’ve created a template, it'll appear on your brochure list and be available to use when printing brochures from your Listings. To print a brochure of a specific Listing, follow the below steps:
- Go to a Listing Record
- Click Brochure > Generate PDF
If you haven’t created any brochures, you'll have the default brochures - but once you start to create brochures to suit your Agency, they'll appear in the list of options.
This covers off the basics of the brochure builder – next, we’ll look at modifying an existing template.