Processing Leads is a vital step to make sure that all of your inbound enquiries have been answered. The Leads Add-On allows contacts and listings to be linked to the enquiry, with any additional information they might have requested, which allows you to then make contact with them,
While the leads themselves show up on the contact and listing streams, processing them allows you to add any additional information about the outcome of that lead, and can then be shown on the Vendor Report you generate on that listing.
You can view additional information about Vendor Reporting here
Once you have clicked on the Process button, you'll be presented with the Process Lead window.
Process Lead Window
The process lead window shows an overview of the enquiry, and it also shows a few options on how to process the lead itself. You'll notice on the left-hand side that the assignee, contact who made the enquiry, where the lead is from (enquiry source) and listing is linked if Auto-Parsing is enabled.
The down arrow next to the Complete via Stepthrough button also shows some additional options to process your lead:
Completing the Lead
Once the lead is linked to a listing and contact, you can start to process and complete it.
This would mean making contact with the contact who has enquired on your listing, and then leaving a note or feedback entry before marking it as complete.
There are a few options that allow you to complete your leads:
- Complete via Stepthrough: This will open the Listing Record where you can add more info. Call the contact and make some notes, send them an email/sms or leave some feedback. Once you've finished updating the record, tick the checkbox in the bottom right-hand corner, then click Back to Leads in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Mark as Complete: Selecting Mark as Complete will simply mark the lead as complete, with no further action. Ideally, you would only use this option if you have made notes or added feedback prior to marking this lead as complete.
- Add Note and Complete: Use this option if you have called the contact, or sent an email/SMS outside of Rex to record what you discussed. For more info on adding notes, take a look at the article Rex Concepts: Stream Tab.
- Send Email and Complete: Choosing this option will open a new email window, where you can email the contact directly. This will add that email to the contact and listing streams, then mark the lead as completed.
- Send SMS and Complete: This works similar to the Send Email and Complete option, but it will send an SMS, and mark the lead as complete. Please note that you must have Marketing Credits to send SMS. For more info, contact the Rex Software Customer Care team.
- Add Enquiry Feedback Entry and Complete: Choose this option to open a new window where you can add feedback relating to this enquiry, then mark the lead as completed. Please Note: If you wish for your enquiry to appear on your vendor report, you will need to add the enquiry as feedback.
Take a look at our Rex University Training video about Leads for more information; The course you'll be looking for is Number 10 - Processing Your Buyer Leads.