Processing leads is an important step in clearing out your leads and making sure you're getting in touch with your contacts. It lets us link a contact and listing to the lead (if auto parsing is not enabled), then add notes or send follow a up via email/sms. While the leads show up on the contact and listings stream, processing helps us to include additional info about what you did with that lead - this will then reflected in the Agency Activity trend data, in the vendor report.
Once you have clicked on the Process button, you'll be presented with the Process Lead window.
Process Lead Window
In the new window we're showing a detailed overview of the lead - on the right, you'll see info that was sent in the original enquiry email, and on the left the details about the completion of the lead, either manually or by Rex if auto parsing is turned on.
Enquiry Email Info
As mentioned above, this is info that was included in the email from the Portal - this is found in the right-hand side of the window:
- Added by - This is who added the enquiry - it will show the name of the person whose leads email address it is.
- From - The name of the contact that the lead is assigned to. If auto parsing is turned off, a name will appear once you update the details section, which is covered below.
- Subject - This will show the subject line from the original enquiry email.
- Permalink - Clicking the link button over to the right will give you a permalink. You can use this to send to another user so they can open the lead directly.
Below this info, you'll see the actual email message that was sent by the Portal. If auto parsing is turned on, Rex will attempt to take the info in that message and link to a contact (or create them if they don't exist), and link to a current listing.
In the left-hand side, we see a pane which has info for completing the lead.
- Status - At the very top of the pane there is the current status of the lead. This will appear as Pending till you have marked the lead as Complete. You'll also see the time since it was received.
- Assigned - Below this we have a section with additional info about who the lead is assigned to.
- Details - This section tells us which records the lead is linked to. If you have auto parsing turned on, most of this info should be automatically updated. Click on Edit Details to update any info:
- Type - What type of Lead is it.
- Source - Where did the lead come from - for info on adding additional sources, see: Custom Values: Adding Custom System Values
- From - The contact that is linked to the lead.
- Regarding Property - The property that the lead is about - you would use this if there is no listing. Auto parsing will add the listing details here, if it's enabled.
- Listing - The listing the lead is regarding.
- Assign/Unassign - At the very bottom, you can change which agent it is assigned to.
- Complete - The final step in the Leads - see below for more info.
Completing the Lead
Once we have the lead linked to a listing and a contact, we can go ahead and complete the lead. This involves making some sort contact with the buyer/renter, leaving a note or feedback entry, then marking as complete.
Click the dropdown button to the left of Complete via Stepthrough for additional options:
- Complete via Stepthrough - This will open the Listing Record where you can add more info. Call the contact and make some notes, send them an email/sms or leave some feedback. Once you've finished updating the record, tick the checkbox in the bottom right-hand corner, then click Back to Leads in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Mark as Complete - This will just complete the lead with no further actions. You should only use this if you have already left some notes or feedback regarding this lead. Note, if you want to bring up the contacts phone number, just click on their name in the Details section.
- Add Note and Complete - Use this option if you have called the contact, or sent an email/sms outside of Rex, to record what you discussed. For more info on adding notes, see: Rex Concepts: Stream Tab.
- Send Email and Complete - Choosing this option will open a new email window, where you can email the contact directly. This will add that email to the contact and listings stream, then mark the lead as completed.
- Send SMS and Complete - Same as above, but it will send an SMS, then complete. Please note that you must have Marketing Credits to send SMS. For more info, contact the Rex support team.
- Add Enquiry Feedback Entry and Complete - Choose this option with open a new window where you can add feedback relating to this enquiry, then mark the lead as completed. Please Note: If you wish for your enquiry to appear on your vendor report, you will need to add the enquiry as a feedback.
Take a look at our Rex University Training video about Leads for more information; The course you'll be looking for is Number 10 - Processing Your Buyer Leads.