The Cross Module Navigation or Go To Related button is an incredibly powerful tool, that allows you to generate highly specific lists of contacts, properties or listings based on data within their related records.
Using this feature from a record list
For example, let's say you want to generate a list of Contacts who own a Property on a certain street. This search requires information from two different modules: Properties and Contacts, and will rely on the correct Contact being attached to the related Property record as the 'Owner'. See Related Records for more info.
You can then take these steps to bring up the required list of Contacts:
- Filter your Properties for 'Example Street'
- Select all the relevant records using the check box next to each record in the list, or check the checkbox next to 'Property Address' to select all
- Click Go to Related in the above tab choices to navigate to related Contacts (owners)
- From the 'Navigate to related records' dialog box that pops up, select what type of record you wish to see from the drop down list
- Click Navigate
You'll now you have a list of all the Contacts in your database that own Property on Example Street.
- Contacts (current owners)
- Contacts (past owners)
- Contacts (current tenants)
- Contacts (past tenants)
- Contacts (purchasers or commercial tenants)
- Contacts (owners)
- Listings (purchasers or commercial tenants)
- Listings (owners)
- Properties (current owners)
- Properties (past owners)
- Properties (current tenants)
- Properties (past tenants)
Using this feature from a record screen
You can also navigate to related record lists from within a record:
- From within a record screen, click More
- From the drop down, select Go to related
- A Navigate to related records pop up will appear - select the records you wish to see from the drop down
- Click Navigate
You'll be presented with a list of all the related records.
Not what you were looking for? Contact support at email@example.com for more information.