When clicking on a module to open a blank report for the first time, you'll be greeted with the main Custom Reports grid. For each module, we load some sensible default columns to get you started.
You can turn columns on or off in your report by clicking the Columns button at the top right of the Custom Reporting screen.
Columns are grouped into categories; you can click on the chevron to the left of a category in order to expand it and see what columns are available. Checking the checkbox next to a Column activates it for the report instantly (though sometimes the report will take a moment to load the data it needs).
You can click and drag on the small drag handle icon to reorder your columns (or column categories). You can also do this from columns themselves on the main report screen.
Whilst Custom Reports offers significantly more columns than our built-in reports or list views, it's worth noting that the available columns do not cover 100% of all data for all modules.
There are two main types of filters: top-level filters and column filters.
Top-level filters allow you to quickly choose a date range, as well as filter by user(s) and/or location(s) (depending on the report type and if you have locations enabled in your account). You can apply these by clicking on the date, user, or location selector at the top of the reports screen.
- The user filter will not be saved against the report, instead it will be remembered by your browser and retained as you swap between reports.
- Changing these filters reloads the report, and will dictate how long your report will take to load. Keeping your date ranges reasonably sized is key to ensuring your reports load quickly.
- For the date filter and user filter, you may have the option to select what field you want the filter to apply to (e.g. contact creation time vs contact last contacted date, or appointment start time vs appointment creation time). The exact fields to choose from will vary from module to module.
Column filters are available for all columns. They can be set by clicking on the Filters button at the top right of the Custom Reports screen, then finding the column you want to filter and choosing a filter option.
Any changes you make to any of the inputs are automatically applied straight away.
- Whatever is set in column filters filters WILL be included if your report is saved
- Changing these filters applies instantly, with no reload necessary
In the Columns panel, use the drag handles to drag a Column into the Row Groups section to group your report results by that column.
Grouping by a column collapses the report rows into expandable groups. You can also group by multiple columns to have groups within groups.
Each group will display the total number of rows within the group, allowing you to view KPI-like data such as the number of appointments attended per agent.
When using one or more row groups, you can drag numeric or currency columns in the Values section in the Columns panel to add new special aggregated columns, representing a summary of the grouped values.
Once a field is dragged in here, a new column showing the aggregated value will show up in the report.
By default, columns you drag in are aggregated by sum, but by left clicking on the column in the Values section you can change the aggregation method to use: