Calendar follow-up Reminders let you set up your Calendar events so that follow-up Reminders are created automatically after an event has concluded.
If you run a lot of Private Inspections/Private Viewings, this feature is very useful for keeping track of who you need to chase for feedback the day after an inspection.
The Reminders that get automatically created act as regular Rex reminders. That means they show up on Contact/Listing/Property records, on your Home screen, and in Pocket.
Setting up default Follow-up Reminder settings for an Appointment Type
The easiest way to use this feature is to set up your Appointment Types to ensure follow-up reminders are created by default. To do this:
- Go to 'Settings' > 'Advanced Settings' > 'Calendars & Appointments'
- Open one of your custom Appointment Types
Tip: If you haven’t set up custom Appointment Types yet, now is a good time to! You can choose to 'Hide' our basic built-in ones by hovering over them in the list and clicking 'Hide' from the dropdown menu, then creating your own custom Appointment Types as needed.
- In the Appointment Types dialog, check 'enabled when creating an appointment' under the 'Remind To Follow Up' section. This will ensure the follow-up reminder setting is automatically checked for any new appointments you make for this type, saving time and several clicks.
Whatever settings you choose in the Appointment Types will just act as defaults. You can always disable the creation of a follow-up reminder on a specific event-by-event basis if needed.
Setting up a follow-up reminder for a specific event
Controlling follow-up reminders on an event-by-event basis is simple;
- In the 'Add Appointment' dialog, click the Blue 'Remind to follow up' link
- Choose a date for when the follow-up is due, choose the type of Reminder, then hit 'done'.
- 'Save' the appointment
Now, a follow-up reminder has been scheduled to be created when that appointment concludes.
Please Note: Reminders are only created AFTER the appointment has concluded. It’s also possible for there to be a slight delay in the creation of these reminders (up to 10-15 minutes).
Please Note: Follow-up reminders are only created if there’s a Listing or a Contact record attached to the Calendar entry. If you’ve set up a Follow-up Reminder but there’s no Listing or Contact to attach it to, the reminder won’t be created.