The Calendar feature in Rex offers a two-way sync with external calendars such as Office 365, Outlook, Google Mail, Exchange and iCloud. This will allow you to access your external calendars through Rex.
You can choose to connect an external calendar to one of your calendars already created in Rex or you can Create a New Calendar.
Important note: The two-way sync with external calendars will only sync events within a specific window; from 6 weeks in the past up to 6 months in the future. Any events further in the future will appear on your calendar when it falls within this window.
Follow the steps below to connect an external calendar:
- Under My Calendars, hover over the calendar you wish to connect an external calendar with and click on the drop down arrow
- Select Settings
- Click the red + button next to connect calendar
- Choose which external calendar you want to sync i.e. iCloud, Google, Outlook etc.
- Follow the relevant steps required to log in to your external calendar account (Please note: you will be redirected outside of Rex for this).
- Select your calendar and click Next
Any past events created in Rex prior to connecting external calendars, will NOT appear on your external calendars.
If you choose to disconnect a calendar, all events remain in both Rex and your external calendar. No events will be deleted.
Please note: You may not see immediate changes after completing the sync. It can take 5 minutes for you to start seeing synced external events in Rex and vice versa.
In such a case where you change your password for your third party calendar provider, you may be asked to reconnect your external calendar in Rex by going through the connection flow again.