Activating the Integration
To add a new SMS provider integration, follow these steps:
- Select 'Admin' from the main menu
- Open 'Integrations'
- Open the 'Discover' section from the left side menu or select 'Discover Integrations' from the bottom of the page
- Select the appropriate service provider from the list and click 'Activate'
- Enter a connection name, and again click 'Activate' to confirm
Adding your credentials
Now that you've activated the new integration, you'll need to add your credentials for future use. While you're still on the screen of the new active integration, follow these steps:
- Click 'Edit'
- In the 'Account Details' section, click the plus button to 'Connect Account'
- Add your username and password for the appropriate provider, and click 'Save'
The connection with your SMS service provider will now be active in Rex.
After you've created an active integration with a supported SMS service provider, you can restrict access to the integration on a per-user basis if you prefer. While viewing the active integration, take these steps to restrict access:
- Click the 'Restrict Access' button at the top of the screen
- Click the Red button to 'Confirm'
You'll now see a full user list, along with two columns, referring to 'credentials set' and 'access allowed'.
To allow access to a specific user;
- Hover over the user in your list
- Click the dropdown arrow & select 'Allow Access'
You can take the same action to 'Remove Access' as required. Once you've confirmed the action to 'Restrict Access', only the users that you 'Allow Access' to will be able to use this integration when sending SMS messages out of Rex.
If you'd like to remove any access restrictions further down the track, just click the 'Remove Access Restrictions' button at the top of the page.
Deactivate the Integration
If you need to deactivate, and essentially remove the integration from your account - follow these steps:
- Open the appropriate active integration
- Click 'Deactivate Extension' at the top of the page
- Click the Red 'Deactivate' button to confirm