In most agencies, there’s a lot of things that have to be done before a listing can be published - and it often differs from agency-to-agency. In Rex, you have the ability to ensure that listings aren't able to be published without first having specific documents uploaded to the listing.
For example, in Victoria, it is a requirement to upload a Statement of Information when you publish your listing. Prior to this feature, you'd need to force yourself to remember to upload the document prior to publishing. Now you have complete control over this and you can ensure that the listing isn't able to be published unless the Statement of Information has been uploaded to the listing record.
Setting up the required documents:
- Go to Settings > Portals & Publication Defaults
- Go to Required Documents
- Click the "+" icon to create a new required document
- Select the document type (These are pulled from Custom Values settings)
- Select Add
When adding a new Required Document, it will automatically set the warning type to be "Blocking". Here is a better understanding of what these warnings mean:
- Blocking: The user publishing the listing will not be able to publish the listing until the required document has been uploaded to the listing record.
- Non-blocking: The user publishing the listing will been shown a warning when publishing the listing advising that the document hasn't yet been uploaded, but they can still proceed to publish without the document.
To change a required document to Non-blocking, simply hover over the document type and click the drop-down arrow and select Set as Non-blocking. To set a document back to Blocking, just follow the same steps.
Listing Record View
When you try to publish your listing without having the required document type, depending on the warning type (blocking or non-blocking), you will see a warning dialogue:
If a required document is set to Blocking, the "Publish Listing" button will remain greyed out until the document is uploaded.
If a required document is set to Non-blocking, you'll still see a warning dialogue, but the "Publish Listing" button will be available to click & publish
To ensure your document has been set up as the correct type to be able to publish your listing, refer to the "Editing Listing Documents" section in the Documents Tab article.
To set required documents, the user will need specific privileges to do this.
- Go to Admin > Users & Security
- Click on the appropriate user
- Go to Privileges
- Scroll down to Required Documents
- Tick to include these privileges
- Save Changes
The user will need to reload Rex to see these changes apply on their end.