The merge process starts by logging into Rex from the ADL Connector application:
- All data provided to the ADL Forms application comes from the logged in user's account in Rex
- It's important to ensure that this user has appropriate access to required data
The next step in the process is form type selection:
- Depending on the required output, it's necessary to configure the required data to be presented to ADL Forms
- With the form context configured and appropriate selections made, mapping between the Rex CRM to ADL Forms is performed
- The technical details behind this process can be viewed at Merge Details
After the mapping process, a .TPM file is generated by the ADL Connector application:
- This stores the result of the mapping - a file consisting of ADL merge fields and the data extracted from Rex
- ADL Forms is then launched by the ADL Connector, the resultant merge file is loaded automatically in the background
Although we had the option to lock down available options in ADL Forms, we make no assumption on the type of form required by the user. All form options are therefore provided. However, you should ensure that the right form context is setup before generating the merge document.
If a mistake occurred in the data selection or even after generating the merge document, the only consequence would be lack of required data to complete the form semi-automatically. It's safe to completely discard all work and try again.