While Rex has a default Newsletter and Match Alert templates that will fit most offices uses, you can customise these templates in Settings > Advanced HTML Templates.
Here you can add or edit HTML templates for:
- Match Emails
- File Library
Please note, Rex doesn't support or guide you how to build the templates, so you must be very confident in adding your own code. We are also unable to import HTML templates at this time.
Alternatively, you could hire a Web Designer/Developer to add to this section. They would need access to your account to do this, either by giving them a user or access to another users account.
Tips for custom HTML templates:
- Use fields that are available on your listings. We can't use custom fields in the newsletters, so Rex always checks to make sure any fields you reference are also on the Listing Record. (For example; Price, Short Ad Descriptions, Available 'From' Date, etc.)
- Image boxes. Images are uploaded to Rex to fit a 4:3 ratio - this means that you can't use images that are square in shape (eg. a ratio of 1:1).
- Email Optimised HTML: The HTML supplied must be email optimised. Your designers should understand what this means and must be able to create the HTML in this fashion.
- You must include an 'Unsubscribe Link'. As part of anti-spam laws, you must include a way for your recipients to unsubscribe from your mailing list. We'll make sure it works, just add an 'unsubscribe' link or button to your designs and we'll do the rest.
- Use the same 'Blocks' for Newsletters and Match Alerts. Rather than getting a designer to build you two different templates, instead we recommend using one set of blocks for both. For example, the default Rex alert includes:
- Header and Footer
- A text block for you to enter a message
- The Listing Grid (Large) block
We recommend a highly capable third party, HiCaliber, that have worked extensively with Rex in that past and we highly recommend.
The team at HiCaliber have the ability to create custom Newsletter and/or Brochure templates the work seamlessly with Rex's functionality, and make them available for use in your Rex account.
For more information please see the following article: Custom Newsletters and Match Alerts