How do my listings appear on Homepass
Your listings will appear in the Homepass app from what is sent to Domain.com.au - once the listing is sent to them, it is on fed onto Homepass. So as long as you're feeding your listing to Domain it should appear fine.
A contact sync event will be triggered by any of the following:
- A contact is entered or updated by an agent in Homepass
- A contact checks in to a listing associated with an agent in the office in Homepass
- A contact is checked in by an agent associated with the office into a listing in Homepass
- A contact is attached to a note in Homepass
In each of these cases, Rex will first check to see if the Homepass contact has ever been imported into Rex before by checking to see if the Homepass object ID has been processed before, and as result is linked to any existing contact records.
If the contact has not been imported into Rex before, we'll attempt to find an existing contact using the email address or phone number associated with the Homepass contact.
- If the contact is not found it will be created and linked to the Homepass object ID for the future updates
- If the contact is found it will be linked to the Homepass object ID for future updates
At this point we'll update the contact’s phone number(s) and email address(es) to add those from Homepass to the phone numbers and email addresses that already exist in Rex.
Please Note: we will not under any circumstance REPLACE any existing details – details will only be added to contacts.
Ownership and permissions
Newly created contacts will be owned by the user who entered the contact/feedback entry.
Existing contacts will be owned by the user who originally entered the contact. The user checking in the contact / adding the feedback entry will however be given update rights to the contact.
Because details will never be replaced, if a contact’s phone numbers are updated in Homepass, the previous phone number will need to be manually removed by an agent in Rex.
A check in sync event will be triggered by any of the following:
- A contact checks themselves into a property
- A contact is checked into a property by an agent
- A check in is deleted from a property (by agent or user)
The rest of the workflow follows the same rules included in the Notes section
Notes in Homepass are equivalent to feedback entries in Rex.
The note import consists of a few steps:
- Contact is found and added if required
- Feedback entry is determined to be an open home entry or a private inspection and then added if required
- Feedback entry is updated, contact is marked as an attendee and note added (the behaviour of this is slightly different depending on whether this is a private inspection or open home entry)
Notes attached to a contact only (not a property) will sync to Rex as a note.
Please Note: if a feedback entry is added by a user and the contact is detected as a duplicate contact, the person entering the feedback will be given update permissions against that contact.
Determining if a Homepass note relates to an Open Home or a Private Inspection
Homepass doesn't support the concept of an 'Open Home' - just the idea that someone has checked in or that a note has been left at a particular time of day.
To deal with this, we've come up with a rule that will help us determine if the entry happens during an open home or not:
- If the check in/note is added within a 2 hour period either side of an open home then it is considered an open home entry
- In all other cases it is considered a private inspection
For example, if you have an open home scheduled in Rex for 2pm to 2:30pm. Any check in or note that is added between the hours of 12pm and 4:30pm will be considered as related to the open home that occurred from 2pm to 2:30pm. If a checkin or note is added at 11:59am or 4:31pm it will be considered a private inspection.
Once this is determined, the feedback entry is created with the appropriate type and associated with the agent first involved with adding the open home entry.
Updating an Open Home Entry
If the update is a deletion request (i.e. the note or check in has been deleted) the contact will be removed from the list of open home attendees. If they were the only contact marked as attending the open home, and there are no notes attached, the feedback entry will also be removed.
In all other cases, the contact is added to the open home entry as an attendee if they are not already registered as one and their note is appended to the list of feedback already attached to the open home feedback entry in the format: “John Smith (HP): My Note”. If a note entry is updated it's still appended to the feedback entry with the original note remaining untouched.
Updating a Private Inspection Entry
If the update is a deletion request (i.e. the note or check in has been deleted), the feedback entry will be deleted.
In all other cases, the contact is attached to the feedback entry and their note is entered in the format “(HP): My Note”. Any updates to notes will replace the contents of the existing feedback entry.