Before configuring your device, please read the FAQ relating to the limitations of CardDAV sync.
In particular please be aware of the following limitations (covered in more detail in the FAQ):
- Contact Sync is Read Only. This means that Contacts downloaded from Rex cannot be updated on your device. If your device lets you edit the Contacts, your updates will be lost. If your device lets you create Contacts in the Rex address book, any Contacts you create will be lost.
- You cannot download more than 5000 Contacts to your device at a time.
- This is a syncing interface - Contacts will not appear immediately after being created in Rex.
The cardDAV configuration details are as follows:
- Server: dav.rexsoftware.com
- SSL: If you have the option to turn this on, ensure it is enabled.
- Username: email_address~account_ID (e.g. email@example.com~93). If you're unsure of your account ID, you can find it listed in Admin> Agency Settings & Branding > Account Sharing. If you don't have access to that section, please ask your administrator to retrieve these details for you.
- Password: This is your Rex password.
- Sync Frequency: No more than once every 15 minutes. To preserve battery life on mobile devices - we recommend hourly updates.
Trouble Shooting Connection Issues
If you receive an error like "Verification Failed", please ensure you have entered the Username exactly as described in the sections above. Additionally, please check your password.