This feature allows users the ability to pay existing invoices and payments directly from the trust accounting module (preventing double entry).
- Proceed to the Trust Accounting tab on a listing. (Help Documentation is available for this if required)
- Click Pay Invoice
- Enter the following information regarding the Invoice Payment:
- Invoice: which invoice you would like to pay - invoices must already exist in the invoices & payments tab
- Contact: this will auto populate based on the contact selected against the invoice
- Date: date payment for invoice was made
- Payment method: cheque, EFT (card, electronic transfer)
- Amount: total amount paid - this will autopopulate based on the amount entered on the invoice
- Reference #: either the cheque number or the EFT transaction reference number
- Particulars: enter a reference for the transaction
- Click Save
Once the transaction is saved it will appear in the listings ledger, updating the ledgers balance accordingly. It also updates the invoices and payments tab to mark that invoice as partially paid / paid.