Once you've set up enquiries to feed into Rex Leads, you can enable 'Auto Parsing'. This allows Rex to attempt to match a received Leads enquiry to a contact who already exists in your Rex Account. If the contact doesn't exist already in your database, a new Contact Record will be automatically created for you. This feature will also try to attach the enquiry to an appropriate listing (if there is sufficient information to do so).
If you have Trusted Emails already set up, and you wish to turn on this feature, it's easy to do so:
- Get an admin user to go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Leads
- Hover over your list of System Trusted Emails and click on the dropdown button
- Choose Edit
- At the bottom under Attempt to Parse Automatically, choose Yes
- Click Done
- Click Save Changes
Closed Office Auto-Parsing Options
When you head to My Settings > Leads, you will notice there is an Auto File Preferences setting underneath your leads email address. The default is set to Any and should only ever be changed if you're working in a closed office environment.
- Any - The lead will be merged with their pre-existing Contact Record in Rex. This is the recommended and default setting.
- Update - The lead will only be merged with their pre-existing Contact Record if the listing agent (that the lead is assigned to) has Update permission to their record. If not, a duplicate Contact Record will be created and the listing agent will automatically be their record owner.
- Owner - The lead will only be merged with their pre-existing Contact Record if the listing agent (that the lead is assigned to) is their record owner. If not, a duplicate Contact Record will be created and the listing agent will automatically be the new record's owner.