Rex allows you to publish a listing within Rex and automatically stagger its upload to the portals.
"Why?" You may ask.
Some of our users are clearing up to 20% of their new listings within the first week of an off-market or pre-market campaign. Social and Google ads could help you do that, and more - for just a fraction of the cost of publishing on the portals. Your sellers will thank you for saving thousands of dollars of their marketing spend.
Think about it. Before you publish a listing to the portals, you could:
- Send buyer matching alerts to contacts in your database who might be interested;
- Create an email inviting your database to take a sneak peak; and
- Advertise the listing across social media and the web.
For active buyers, this creates a sense of uniqueness and exclusivity - they are being shown properties they literally will not see anywhere else.
Plus, all that traffic is being driven back to your own listing, instead of the portals. That means more eyes on your website... and ergo, your agency.
Now, true Rexperts probably know you that you've always had total control over where and when your listing will be available, and been able to stage the release of listings from within Rex so that properties can appear on some channels before others.
However, if you did hold off on uploading a listing to one or more of the portals, you needed to remember to sign in and do it later. For this reason, you probably didn't bother with it.
This functionality allows you (and by you, we mean those users with the correct privileges) to set a specific upload time delay for the portals of your choosing, so you can set and forget.
Here's how to do it.
Setting Up Delayed Portal Feeds
As a user in a Rex account with Admin access, you can perform the following to set up delayed portal feeds:
- Go to Admin > Portals & Publication Defaults
- Hover over the portal you wish to set up delayed feeds
- Click the Dropdown Arrow > Click on Auto Activation/Upload Options
- In the delay upload (hours) section you can set a time delay for a newly published listing. This delay can be set from 1 hour+.
- Click Save to set the delay time for future listings.
Override Portal Delays
To change a portal upload delay, you'll need to be a Super Admin User, or have the Update Portal Settings privilege, and - if you work in a closed office setting - have ownership of that particular listing.
Just follow these steps to override the Portal Delay on a listing:
- When on a listing in Rex, hover over Portal Settings and click the red pen icon
- If there is an active portal delay, there will be a countdown in the time until upload column. The countdown starts when you publish a listing.
- To edit the portal upload delay, click the dropdown menu next to the particular portal > click Edit Portal Upload Delay.
- You'll now have two options:
- Delay the upload by a number of hours, or
- Set a specific date and time to publish the listing on this specific portal.
- Pick whichever suits you, and click Done.
This will now override the default portal delay time setting with the new delay.
If you run into any issues with this feature, please feel free to contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org