For example; you might want to add an agent's profile image, or a social media logo to link to your company account.
Storing an image online
When adding an image to the Freeform Content Block, the image must be first stored somewhere publicly on the Internet. This allows your contact's email client to download the image and show it in the message.
If you don't have anywhere to store it, you can always add it into Rex. To do this:
- Create a dummy contact record (maybe something like "Do not delete")
- Go to the Documents tab
- Click on the Upload File button
- Choose the file you wish to upload from your computer and click Save
- Now that it's uploaded, hover over the file name and click the drop-down button, then click the Get Share link
- Copy that link for later
Adding the image to the Freeform Content Block
- Go to your Newsletter
- Go into Step 2 - Customise the template
- Click Add Section
- Choose Freeform Content
- Hover over the newly created block and click Edit
- Click the Image button
- Paste the link to your image in the URL field - Fill out any other info you want to include
- Alternative Text: Used when the image can't be loaded - just add a description.
- Width and Height: Leave these blank - these fields were what we explained at the top. Anything you enter to these will be removed by some email clients. The major one being Outlook.
- Border: Adding a pixel value here will add a border - example: '1px' will add a border one pixel in size.
- HSpace and VSpace: Enter a pixel value for spacing horizontally and Vertically.
- Alignment: Use this to force the image to either left or right-hand side of the block.
- If you want the image to be a clickable link, go into the Link tab - if not, skip to Step 10
- Add a link to where you'd like the contact to be taken to if they click on the image
- Click Ok when complete
- Once you've finished in the Freeform Content Block, click Save