In order to attach a Property to a Building, you first need to create the Building. You can do this from 2 locations:
- The Buildings list, or
- While creating a Property record
Below are the required steps for each of those options:
From the Buildings list
- Hover over Properties in the left side menu & click All Buildings
- Click the '+' button in the top-left corner
- In the new pop up, click Upload Photo and select an image from your computer if you'd like to add a photo of the Building
- Enter the Building Name, Street Number, Name, Suburb and any notes specific to the Building
- Click Save
The building record will open, ready for further information to be added.
Adding While Creating a Property
- Click the + button next to the search bar in the top-right hand side of Rex
- Select Add Property
- In the 'Building' field, type the name of your Building. If your Building already exists in Rex, we'll suggest the Building to you so you can select it. If your Building doesn't exist in Rex, select + Add Building
- Add the required information
- Click Save
We figured the best way to show you this feature would be to provide you with a step by step video.
You can watch this video using our Rex University video training centre - The course you'll be looking for is Number 4 - Putting Together Your Property Database.