You can add a new Contact from a couple of different locations:
- Adding from the Search bar
- Adding from linked records
Adding from the Search bar
This is probably the main place you'll be adding Contacts from.
- Click the plus + symbol
- Click Add Contact
- Fill out the basic info
- Click Save
If you have a Contact with the same details in the system, you'll get a warning. In this instance, just choose whether you'd like to continue or cancel.
Once you've made the new Contact record, Rex will take you to the record. You can fill out more detailed info for that Contact there.
Adding from Linked records
You can also add Contacts from linked records, (e.g. when adding feedback/notes, or related Properties and Contacts). Using this method is the same across the board, so for this example, we'll just explain how to add a Contact from a Property record.
- Go to the desired Property record
- In the right-hand pane, click Related Contact
- Start typing the name of the owner
- If the owner doesn't exist, you can click + Add New Contact - this will open a window, similar to the one we spoke of above
- Fill out the basic info on Contact, then click Save
- You'll now have your newly created Contact, so just choose how they are related to the Property record or type in your own choice
As mentioned above, this process is the same wherever you get the choice of choosing a Contact, and you have no Contact record in Rex.