You can subscribe to your calendar in Rex so that you can get your Appointment and Open home reminders in your Outlook Calendar, iPhone, etc. This will also allow you to subscribe to other users calendars.
It's often useful for receptionists and / or EBU team members to have access to each others Rex appointments and open homes. This is quite easy to achieve - to do so simply request the calendar link from the team member you'd like access to a calendar for and follow the same steps you'll use for setting up your own calendar. See Calendar: Supported Applications for iCal Calendar for instructions in adding calendars.
The calendaring system in Rex is designed to supplement your existing calendaring solution. This means that Rex is a one-way feed, your calendar application outside of Rex is viewing a stream of information that Rex is broadcasting. We achieve this by using iCal, which is a widely used calendar subscription standard.
- The iCal calendar feed includes the following data:
- Open Homes assigned to the agent (14 days prior to today, 30 days after today - up to 500 events)
- Appointments assigned to the agent (14 days prior to today, 30 days after today - up to 500 events)
- iCal links can be shared between Rex users (personal assistants, receptionists, etc).
- The iCal subscriptions are cached and it can be up to a minute before a new/updated event is available to be synced down to a remote client.