For information on creating list filters, see the help documentation here.
Filters, especially advanced filters that require four or more criteria, take time to create. To save you the trouble of having to redefine your popular filters every time you use them, you have the option to save them for use again later.
Saving filters is easy:
- Create your filter by following the steps in the video via the link above
- Run the filter
- Click the Save as button that appears next to your filter's criteria
- Give your filter a name
- Click Save
To view and use your saved filters:
- Open the appropriate module and the list you'd like to filter (ie, All Contacts, My Listings, etc)
- Click the dropdown arrow next to View Contacts/Listings/Properties
- Your filters will appear in a drop down
To modify your saved filter:
- Run the filter
- Click the blue Filtered by button to add or remove criteria
If you want to save your modified filter, you have two options:
- Save: This saves the modifications you've made over the filter
- Save as: This saves your modified version as a new filter, and leaves the old version untouched
Sharing saved filters
If your saved filter benefits others, you're able to share it. Simply click the Show publicly checkbox before saving.
If you'd like to share a filter you've previously created and saved, you can;
- Head to your saved filters by clicking the dropdown arrow next to View Contacts/Listings/Properties
- Select the filter you'd like to share, and click the dropdown arrow
- Select Make public from the options that appear
This is particularly helpful for Admin and Super Admin users who want to give users in their account a helping hand by creating a few popular filters for quick access.
For more information on saved filters, you can check out the feature release here.