Sometimes you may need to send out an alert to your staff members. This might be to remind them of a meeting, office news, etc. Rex's announcement system allows you to do just that. You can send out announcements that will appear on the dashboard of all the users of your Rex account.
Please Note: You must have the correct privileges for this. If you do not see the options below, you will need to ask your Super Admin user to assign them to you.
Creating an Announcement
- In the top right-hand corner, click on Your Initials or Profile Picture in the top right-hand corner > 'Announcements' - This reveals the announcement list
- Click on the + symbol in the top left-hand corner
- Fill out the expiry date and time (when the announcement will be automatically removed from each user's dashboard)
- Give it a Subject
- Enter your message to the Body field.
- Click on Add Announcement at the bottom
Modifying your Announcements
From this list, you will see all the past announcements. You will notice that some have different colours. Any that you modify will appear in a lighter shade of your header colour.
- Same colour as your header: This is a current alert that you can modify
- Lighter shade of your header colour: An expired announcement, which you can still modify
- Black: Current announcements sent from the Rex Team
- Gray: Expired announcements from the Rex Team
- Note: Rex Team announcements can not be modified.
To edit your account Announcements, you need to:
- Hover over the announcement
- Click dropdown button
- Click Edit
- Adjust any details to your liking
- Click on Save
- You can also delete and un-dismiss them from the dropdown button. Un-dismissing will put your announcement back up on the dashboard for your users.